Saturday, April 17, 2010

FOTD: Bright and Simple

I haven't done one of those in ages, frankly because I've been feeling quite insecure about my skin's condition lately. I'm trying hard to change the attitude I have towards my face; it's quite unbelievable how critical we can be of ourselves. I've noticed I don't even pay that much attention to uneven skin texture in others, but it drives me to tears in myself.

Anyway, back to business: I neglected my black liquid eyeliner a lot in the past months, so I decided to whip it out together with another forgotten product, Inglot Gel lipstick in a vibrant deep pink shade. Here's the effect:


The photos were taken after a few hours' wear, so excuse any smudges or imperfections. I was after very clean, minimalistic lines on the eye and a bold splash of color on the lips. I think of this make-up as of a modern version of classic pin-up look, and in my opinion it goes quite well with a very pale complexion like mine because of the huge contrasts between the paleness of the skin and black and berry make-up colors.


I don't know how much of those guidelines I managed to put into practice, but this sure was a hit with my father. He likes darker lip colors a lot, maybe being educated as an actor he's not really into the whole 'make-up no make-up' trend :)


Products used:
Face:
MAC Studio Finish concealer in NW20 under eyes and on blemishes
Coastal Scents Flawless Finish mineral foundation in Honey Light
NYX blusher in Angel

Eyes:
Annabelle So Foxy eyeshadow through the brows
Benefit F.Y... eye! primer
Inglot pearl eyeshadow no. 397 on the lid (and this color deserves a separate post, it's so pretty! Not that you can see in the photos...)
GOSH black liquid eyeliner pen
Rimmel Sexy Curves mascara

Lips:
Softlips SPF20 lipbalm
Inglot Gel Lipstick no. 58 (review & swatches here)

What forgotten products did you dig out this week? xxx

18 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous. I love this sort of look too. And I think your skin looks fabulous (but I'm also guilty of being incredibly critica of my skin so I know what you're talking about).

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like it. the lipstick color really goes well with your skin tone:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @loveaudrey: Thanks hunni, well I think the way my skin looks here is all due to make-up... But hey, that's what it's for too :) xxx

    @Carrie: Thank you, sweetie! I think blue-based colors look good on pinker skintones, plus they make your teeth appear whiter! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Clean and perfect - looks perfect on you :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so super beautiful! Bright lips look amazing on you x

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Cami: Thanks hon, I have another darker lip to share, totally inspired by you! xxx

    @Daisy: Awww, thank you sweetheart... I think the key is to find the perfect shade for you... and have some courage to wear it, like I rarely do! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look beautiful. I don't know what you're talking about. your skin looks amazing! I love the lipstick, in fact the whole look is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Lipstick on the cup: Dzięki, kochana! Bardzo podoba mi się Twój egzotyczny makijaż, muszę go wypróbować następnym razem, jak będę tylko miała więcej czasu pobawić się kolorami! xxx

    @Lillian: It just proves that make-up can cover A LOT ;) Thank you so much sweetheart, you definitely make me feel more confident with my skin! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look beautiful! And I need to try those lipsticks. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. just found your blog i love your porcelein skin with red lips, very old holly wood glamour!~

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Marina: Thanks hun! Definitely try the gel lipsticks, they've got some gorgeous colors, they're super pigmented and quite moisturizing!

    @lilluna: Thank you so much for your sweet comment and stopping by! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chętnie zobaczę Twoją wersję tropikalnego makijażu, a tymczasem zapraszam na mojego bloga - coś tam na Ciebie czeka :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Im having a Lush giveaway for all my fellow beauty lovers! nsiscaretti.blogspot.com or youtube.com/user/nsiscaretti. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Lipstick on the cup: Zaraz zerknę :)

    @starcakeastrology: Thank you, hun, it looks much worse to me probably because I always look at it very close up! I'm still learning how to be more tolerant towards it. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look gorgeous!! Did I tell you i am absolutely in love with Nyx Angel?
    Beautiful blog, I am following you, darling!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Catanya: Thank you so much for following and commenting, sweetheart! I love Angel as well, it's one of those blushers I can just swipe on and it always looks fabulous. I'm planning on getting Peach as well, do you have any shade recommendations? x

    ReplyDelete