Monday, September 10, 2018

Long Time No Post

Hi, stranger! Yes, it's me - Monika, that blogger chick you used to read. I haven't fallen off the face of the Earth, no mysterious NYC subway monster has snatched me off the platform without a trace... I just struggle with prioritizing my hobbies. That's really all there is to it.

But I haven't come out here to make excuses or apologize; I'm sure we've all been busy in the meantime and things are running their course regardless of whether I blog or not. I decided to post again because I want to make time for writing again, because I love taking photos and I feel happier for having this little corner to express myself. Thank you for sticking with me for this long and I'd love to have you along for the ride again!
Realistically though, with the time constraints that I face as a stay-at-home mom of a toddler, I'll need to make some adjustments to my blogging style. I know that I can't reasonably expect myself to stick to a regular posting schedule, or write these thorough and extensive reviews that I used to love to type up. Instead, I'm going to stick to what I can do: shorter reviews & comparisons, little snippets of favorites here and there, anything really that feels exciting enough to write about.

In fact, what really spurned me on to break the silence is explaining my blog situation to my best friend, and while doing so - actually expressing to myself that there is no reason why I shouldn't be doing it - and more prosaically, finding this bowl of make-up empties that I'd like to finally be able to pitch in the trash. It's as good a starting point as any, am I right?

While I may have abstained from blogging, I have still been loving beauty products and trying to wear make-up somewhat regularly. I also still try to make an effort to use up make-up but I'm not committed enough to do Project Pans or stick to a 'use-up plan' of any kind. Instead, I'm enjoying most of my collection and when stuff gets finished in due time, it's an added bonus and I'm happy to move something out - because I am still buying new products and would like to keep the stash somewhat contained if I can.
But anyway; there's not that much I want to say about the contents of this particular round of beauty trash. Firstly, I am disappointed that Fresh discontinued these Sugar Shine glosses: I really quite enjoyed this formula, but have since gone back to my other favorite, the Buxom Full-On Lip Polishes & Lip Creams. Secondly, I've been pleasantly surprised by NYX Worth The Hype Mascara* (provided by Influenster for testing purposes) and I would repurchase, and while I also enjoyed Chantecaille Faux Cils, there's no way in hell I'm spending $72 on a tube. I did like the finish of It Cosmetics CC Cream, but it lacked longevity on my combination/ oily skin.

How have you guys been? I missed talking to you, and I really do hope I can share with you again. Let's see how long my resolve lasts - well, taking that first step into writing again is always the hardest, and that's done, so... fingers crossed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment