Another one in the quest for the Holy Grail of mascaras... I present you the Maybelline Full 'N Soft Washable mascara in Very Black. I believe this is not available in Europe (sorry, ladies!), and retails for around $6.
- Indeed, it washes off quite easily with warm water and cream cleanser. I have to say however that compared to other non-waterproof formulas I've tried, it's nothing special and not worth to be made into a Unique Sellling Point.
- It doesn't clump and coats lashes evenly from root to tip.
- It wears well throughout the day with minimal flaking.
- It is sufficiently black.
- It provides a very natural, defined look.
- It's neither particularly lengthening nor volumizing, which is my main gripe with this mascara. It's just not enough oomph, I almost look like I have nothing on. It's also quite difficult to build up; you can see one layer in the photo, but two layers look pretty much the same, if a bit more clumpy.
- My lashes feel neither soft nor full after using the product. If anything, they feel quite dry to the touch and the brush seems a bit scratchy.
- The tip of the brush gets coated with a big blob of product which then has to be wiped off on the neck of the tube.
- Somehow I always manage to smear it on my upper lid, no matter how hard I try. I'm not sure if it's the size of the brush... or maybe my lids are too hooded?
Will I repurchase? No. It's another of these decent, nothing special mascaras I seem to be drawn to recently (cough cough, Covergirl Lash Blast Length). If you're looking for a quick, daytime product, it might be perfect for you; for me though it's simply not enough volume... or even length.
Have you tried this Maybelline mascara? What were your thoughts? Also, please share your drugstore mascara recommendations in the comments - I'm undecided as to which one I should try next...