Friday, April 22, 2011

Review: Bath & Body Works Shea Cashmere range

You're going to laugh at me, but the heroes of this review are actually my first purchase ever at Bath & Body Works. What can I say, me and my European vagaries...


Anyway, back to the review: I'd wanted to try something from BBW for a long time and after hearing many good things about their Shea Cashmere hand cream, I've decided to get that... along with some other products from the range, since it was on 3 for 2 offer - and let me tell you, surprisingly Mr wasn't too impressed with the total on our receipt after all. We bought the Shea Cashmere & Silk hand cream ($10), Shea Cashmere shower cream ($15) and Shea Cashmere body lotion ($15) (Mr had a strong preference for the pump packaging, so the body butter was a no-no).

I've been using the products for a good couple of weeks now and here are my thoughts:

The scent of the whole line is to die for. The girl in the shop claimed it smelt of cupcake batter, but my cupcake batter doesn't smell like this at all... To me, this is more of a sweet, milk, honey and almond type of scent, so if you like foodie scents, this will be definitely for you. Very comforting and not too overpowering, just enough to make you feel good about how nice your skin is smelling.


The shower cream, very aptly named, is a rich, smooth and creamy consistency that feels very luxurious on the skin. It doesn't lather much on the skin, but cleanses well without overdrying. My only gripe is the packaging; I hate that twist-off lid, it's impractical in the shower and takes ages to screw on with wet hands.


The body lotion has a spot-on thickness for me as well: it feels very moisturizing, but is thin enough to spread easily on the skin. It sinks in fast, leaving you with lovely & soft body... And that smell! Yum.


However, the hand cream is a stand-out product for me: while I don't think it permanently infuses moisture into my skin (but I do have quite nasty eczema flare-ups on my hands), it leaves them feeling silky smooth right after application. I think it must leave some sort of film on the hands, making them feel so, so soft... Overall, it just feels so nice and luxurious to use, very much different from my workhorse Neutrogena.

Do I think it's worth the money? Yes and no. I will repurchase the hand cream, but the rest of the line... it's nothing special. It feels lovely and luxurious, though I think next time I'll stick to my Haus of Gloi bath and body goodies.

Have you tried the Shea Cashmere range? What are your favorite Bath & Body Works products?

3 comments:

  1. My BBW Twilight Woods (my fav) hand cream is almost used up.. My next hand cream has gotta be the Shea Cashmere one..

    But next time you're BBW you have to check smell the Twilight Woods.. I can;t explain the scent.. But I just love it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this line! It smells heavenly!:D

    Happy Sunday!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. this sounds gorgeous, just the sort of scent I love in body products...very comforting. I am currently using Bliss bergamot and vanilla and it has the same effect.
    My boyfriend's sister brought me back some shea infused slippers from BBW on a holiday to America, I love them...would love to visit the store on a state trip!
    xox

    ReplyDelete