Thursday, April 7, 2011

Review: Michael Todd Crème Glacé lipgloss in Natural

I've already mentioned the Michael Todd Crème Glacé lipgloss in this haul, but decided it deserved its own post with swatches; especially that I haven't seen many reviews on these in the blogosphere, so this might actually be useful to somebody for a change.


What is it?
This Michael Todd favorite has the coverage of a lipstick and the shine of a gloss that adds sensual glow and a flawless texture. Our Creme Glace wears beautifully at night and protects during the day with SPF 15. (from Michael Todd's website) The gloss retails at $17 and comes in 27 shades.

What I like about it:
- I like how comfortable the gloss feels on the lips: non sticky, incredibly smooth, non drying. It glides over any little crevices and leaves my lips looking moist and plump. The shimmers are just perfect: non gritty, not too frosty, just catching the light in all the right ways. It has a rather average wear time, but I don't mind reapplying.
- The smell!!! I've already mentioned in my previous post how much I love it: it's deliciously reminiscent of vanilla strawberry ice cream.
- I find the simple and sleek design of the tube very appealing.
- I like the tongue-in-the-cheek name that ties in with the scent.


What I dislike about it:
- 'the coverage of a lipstick'? Really? I find it to be rather sheer, it lends just a hint of color to my pigmented lips, nothing more than that.
- Unfortunately, the beautiful packaging has a rather serious flaw: not enough product finds its way on the wand, but there's plenty gathering at the top, near the 'handle', as you can see in the first photo. Maybe it's just my tube, maybe it's not.
- It does seem quite pricey to me; there are some incredible glosses out there available for much less.


That said, it's still my current favorite and I tote it around everywhere with me - the shade looks great on top of every lipstick I might be wearing on the day. Have you tried Michael Todd's cosmetics? What are your impressions?

5 comments:

  1. @BBB: Lovely gloss if not for the packaging malfunction! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried this line, but it looks great on you! I heard that a new line of these glosses are coming out, under the inspiration of one of the reality tv girls from Basketball Wives :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! the color is gorgeous :) looks lovely on you.

    New follower by the way and I have to say that you have a lovely blog. Do check out mine sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a nice shade and how fun is the scent, vanilla strawberry ice cream?:D

    I have never tried Michael Todd Cosmetics but for $17, it's not that bad.:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete