Friday, March 2, 2012

Three Everyday Looks for Spring

The weather in the Evergreen State is still rather wintery, but occassionally sun beams burst through the heavy grey clouds, making me search frantically for my sunglasses, long buried in the back of the drawer. The feeling of spring edging closer every day fills me with warm fuziness and I start digging through my collection for those brighter, more vivid, more... alive shades - just a small pick-me-up, really. Here are three different looks I came up with in the last couple of weeks for your enjoyment.

In the photo below, on the eyes I'm wearing Sleek's Oh So Special palette, a gorgeous mix of warm neutrals and corals & peaches, on the lips and cheeks an old favorite, The Body Shop Lip & Cheek Stain in Rose Pink. I got some rather condenscending remarks on it from a sales associate at Neiman Marcus ('What an INTERESTING eye look you're wearing...), but I still really like it, to be honest.

This is what I call my warm neutral look - one warm brown/copper eyeshadow all over the lid, darker brown at the lashline (Wet'n'Wild eyeshadow trios I have depotted into one palette), NYX blush in Peach on the cheeks and Stila Guava lipgloss on the lips; I hate that formulation, by the way.

Lastly, I've been enjoying wearing a bright colored eyeliner a lot recently, this kelly green is a NYX Slide On pencil in Esmeralda (review coming soon!) paired with Too Faced Natural Palette; I think the gold shade I used in the inner corner is called Honey Pot. I also applied The Body Shop Honey bronzer to warm up my deathly complexion.

What everyday looks have you been rocking recently? What are your favorite (early) Spring products?

14 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Monika, that peaches and cream complexion of yours in the second photos is just gorgeous!!! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the last one, Monika - that green is awesome!!! And oh, pft at the Neiman Marcus sales people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monika, you are so gorgeous in EVERY photo! I think my favourite is the peachy one on you! That Sila Guava lip gloss is on my list now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy, don't get that lipgloss, I hate it! It's incredibly sticky and emphasizes every flake. I only wear it to use it up. Get e.l.f. Hypershine in Flirty instead, they're very similar and the e.l.f. is so much cheaper :)

      Delete
  4. Eeeh, I love! Every single look is gorgeous and now I'm convinced there's nothing you can't pull off! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I like your necklace in the last picture! My spring look has been pretty boring so far, garnier BB cream all over the face (it's too wet/dewy to put anything on top of that) or just nothing at all.

    P.S. I would totally have gone "So is your face :) " with that sales person...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I need to know your daily skincare routine ASAP!

    I didn't expect to like the pink shadow but it's lovely. And the pop of green is so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How rude of the Neiman Marcus sales associate - the pink & peach look so pretty on your complexion! As if she doesn't sell eyeshadow palettes with pink and peach shades! What foundation are you wearing? It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a mixture of a tinted moisturizer and Revlon Colorstay; it looks a lot worse in person, I really don't like how this sits on the skin. But well, the photos are forgiving - thank you, lovely!

      Delete
  8. Love all3 of these looks. U look great

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all these looks, though possibly the pop of green in the third is my favorite. =)

    Oh, and your skin looks amaaaaazing in these pictures.

    (Colorstay is one of those foundations that can look heavy or flat in person, but generally photographs beautifully. It was the low-end bridal staple in my kit for that reason.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't mind the SA at NM, she obviously doesn't know what she's talking about. All 3 looks are perfect for Spring but especially the second!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH GOD.,so pretty.,

    really like your skintone.

    ReplyDelete