Tuesday, May 15, 2012

NOTD: Apricot Cream

Oh dear, I am really falling behind, aren't I? Anyway, I'm back with a short and sweet Nails of the Day post that still ties in with our monthly theme of orange-tinted beauty products. Plus, I haven't done a NOTD in ages; what are your feelings on this kind of posts, ladies? I sometimes find them not as interesting as others (and I'm speaking solely about my own blog here), just because I don't really do nail art and I think you can find terrific swatches of practically every nail polish shade under the sun on some more nail-centered blogs. Should I still continue posting them in the future? Let me know.
Today's hero is an inexpensive laquer I brought back with me last year from Poland, a Wibo Express Growth nail polish in the shade '328'. This lovely apricot/tangerine cream is in fact very similar to OPI 'Hot & Spicy', so don't despair, my non-Polish readers! 'Hot & Spicy' might have a touch more pink to it, which is even more flattering, to be honest. The first time I used the Wibo polish, I was not a happy camper - it was thick, lumpy and uneven on the nail; turns out, it must have been due to the very hot weather we were having in Poland at the time, because it applied very nicely this time!
Oh, and one more thing I wanted to address here while we're on the subject of cheap nail polish. A lot of women ask me which brand of nail polish is the most long-lasting. In all honesty, I find that nearly ALL brands, regardless of the price point, last the same amount of time on me, which is between 5 and 7 days. What really makes a difference, is 1) the state of your nails (hard vs thin, hydrated vs brittle, even vs peeling), 2) the base coat you're using, 3) your top coat. You simply can't expect even the most expensive nail polish to last on the nails without using the base and top coat, don't you think? I am blessed with quite strong and hard nails, so nail polish in general lasts very well on me; I really wouldn't have the partience to reapply every couple of days... Your lifestyle can also affect the longevity of your manicure, but I feel that with being more careful, anyone can prevent the chipping to some extent.
Now, I'll get off of my soap box and promise to return with a more substantial tangerine-themed post very soon. What have you been sporting on your nails recently, ladies?

6 comments:

  1. Pretty! I'm in love with coral/oranges at the moment! This one suits your skintone perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that color is so hot for spring and summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I keep gravitating towards these kinds of shades these days; I need to stop myself sometimes, otherwise my entire wardrobe will be coral/apricot/tangerine :p.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like nail posts in moderation. It's especially helpful when people include their nail background like you do and beautiful swatches, of course!
    I don't pull of orange-y shades well so minty greens and blues have been dressing my nails lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have to agree - swatch comparisons are really helpful too. I just bought a minty green from Orly yesterday!

      Delete