Thursday, May 2, 2013

Blue and Purple Fyrinnae Looks

I've promised some make-up looks featuring the new Fyrinnae eyeshadows I've had for a month or so now, and since I'm not overly talkative today, I thought it'd be a good moment to post. The eyeshadow looks themselves aren't terribly new and innovative but I've had some fun trying them out and all in all, I can say that I'd used a lot more color for the past month than in the past; so a win overall. Unfortunately, the photos don't do the shades justice - they all turned out majorly overexposed... I think I must underestimating the amounts of daylight we get in now after the winter gloom.
Green and purple: Herbivore all over the lid, blended out with a matte taupe Inglot (I know - cheating!) and a pop of mint in the inner corner thanks to Arcane Magic in Electric Stardust. You can't exactly see that but this combo is fanastic, Electric Stardust picks up on the green duochrome in Herbivore and it's insanely harmonious, colorful but still quite subdued. Lips are NYX Mega Shine gloss in Dolly Pink.
Violet: When I Grow Up all over the lid and along the lower lashline, blended out with Snow Leopard, Moon Child to highlight the inner corners. A very simple look but with enough impact thanks to that vibrant violet shade, possibly in my top 5 favorite purples of all time. By the way, that should be a fun post, no? Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick in Warm Me Up patted lightly into the lips.
Gradient Liner: Feisty Fennec Fox all over the lid as a neutral shade to offset the colorful liner: London Mod in the outer corner, When I Grow Up in the middle and Crimson Ghost in the inner corner. I believe I also used some Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in Binge as a base for the shadows. A new Givenchy patted lightly on the lips, details soon to be revealed.

And there you have it, some slightly less neutral looks from me; I think I would like to do a couple pink & purple looks and some blues & greens still, so I might share these at some point. Have you been experimenting with color lately? Any favorite shades?

4 comments:

  1. Very feminine colours :-) Love the last look. So soft and pretty! I'm a neutral fiend, but when it comes to colours, I always lean toward greens and purples. Pinks aren't really my thang >_<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that last gradient liner look, Monika! And yes, please do share your five favorite purples.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look, it's so dreamy :)

    ReplyDelete