After my last little photo tutorial, I've had a lot of requests for more tips on how to make up almond-shaped eyes; this step-by step guide is quite similar to the previous one, but easier (hence I hesitated about even posting it) and might also be useful to those with hooded eyes or eyes that don't have a visible crease (monolids).
1. Start with a primed eye to prolong the wear of your eye make-up. If your lids are quite oily like mine, I find that sweeping a thin layer of face powder before smoothing on an eye base extends the wear by another couple hours. Pat MAC eyeshadow in Patina all over the eye, starting at the base of the lashes and blending up slightly above the socket, so that the color is still visible when you look straight ahead.
2. Push MAC eyeshadow in Charcoal Brown into the lash line, concentrating on the outer corner and blending upwards.
3. Add a little Charcoal Brown eyeshadow to the lower lashline, going about 1/3 to 1/2 way in. I find that going all the way in with a darker shade on upper and/or lower lashline makes my eyes appear smaller.
4. Dab a bit of a highlighting shade, such as MAC Ricepaper, in the inner corner of the eye.
5. Apply a very thin line of dark brown eyeliner (Annabelle Smudgeliner in Chocolate Brown) on the upper lashline, going about 2/3 in. I usually tend to do a tiny wing at the end of my lashline that remains mostly hidden behind my lashes when my eyes are open, but it does still elongate the shape of eye even further. Curl your lashes, apply a good coat of mascara (I actually never wear more than one coat, two coats just look way too clumpy on me!) and you're good to go!
Also, Happy Valentine's Day, my glamorous readers! If I was up to anything Valentine's-related today, I'd probably still go for a make-up look similar to this one, but we haven't got anything special planned - I'm thinking cuddling under the blanket, chai tea latte and a romantic movie. Please let me know your plans (or movie recommendations) in the comments, I'd love to know!
I just bought Patina today so what a coincidence! This is super flattering on you and I'll be trying this look out tomorrow. Thankyou! You do lovely picture tutorials :)ReplyDelete
What brush are you using in the photos where you are applying Charcoal Brown to the lash line? that brush looks perfect for that. I don't have a brush thin enough for the lash line.ReplyDelete
Hahah, it's from that EcoTools eye brush kit again :) Cheap and super handy - I only wish the handles were longer...Delete
Patina is one of my faves! I feel like it doesn't get as much blogger love as it should.ReplyDelete
what a great tutorial, and an awesome look.. thank you :)ReplyDelete
Happy Valentine's day!ReplyDelete
This was a great tutorial--- I really loved how you achieved the step by step photos!
LOVE this look! So simple and classy looking. I need to pull out my MAC shadows. I've been ignoring them lately! But I've been using my new Inglot palette from a certain someone ALL THE TIME. :) It's so perfect.ReplyDelete
I'm so happy you like it, Tracy!Delete
I love this! It's exactly how I want my eye makeup to look. I will do this today! xReplyDelete