1. Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation in PK-1: My Project goal is to use up half of the bottle (it was completely full at the beginning). As you can see by my sharpie mark, I only got down to the top of the lettering, which is not quite 1/4 of the entire foundation. However, I can't really fault myself - I've used the Aqua Foundation every single time I wore make-up in the past two months. I could probably speed things up by using more foundation each time, but I really like this one and I'm not in a terrible hurry to get it out of my stash.
3. Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner in Bluefin: I can't show you my progress since this retractable pencil doesn't wind down, but I've been pretty happy with my usage - I don't use it every single time I do my make-up, but I use it about 90% of the time, either on my upper lashline or to tightline.
4. NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base: It's difficult to judge my progress on this one: there's still plenty of product stuck to the sides of the tube, but I've been steadily scraping that off. Unfortunately, I think that after taking the stopper out, this product does begin to dry out more quickly, so it will be done by the end of April either way - I just want to get as much use out of it as possible.
6. Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfector in Rose Shimmer: Now, I could be doing better on this one. When I hold it up to the light, I can see a lot of product missing in the middle of the tube, but there's still a LOT left. My problem with this gloss is that I can't really layer it over other lip products (it's too creamy and slippery) - at least not the ones in this Project, which is what I've been wearing all the time - and as a stand alone product, it currently makes me look a bit washed out. I've been using it in lieu of a lip balm at home, but not very consistently. Oh well - I'm trying.
8. Revlon Superlustrous Lipstick in Cherries in the Snow: I wear this lipstick about once a week, and reapply once throughout the day. That, coupled with the fact that this is an incredibly pigmented lipstick, makes my progress rather slow. But that's okay - I am still using it, I just haven't been feeling a bright lip all the time.
9. Zoya Nail Polish in Jem: This one is a bit of a fail - I think I only used it three times since the start of my Project. Not because I'm bored of this color; I just haven't been really painting my nails at all. I'm not sure why; I'm either too busy or find something else to do when I do have time. I'll try to do better in the next two months, although the weather is turning more spring-like every day, and I may shortly be in the mood for a different shade. We shall see.
|The Balm Nude'Tude at the beginning of the Project in January.|
|My palette after two months of consistent usage.|
Yep, you are doing well with your product :) I am not sure whether I should try Nyx Taupe or not. They have changed the texture and the color but there is no sample in our stores >.<ReplyDelete
In February I have succeeded a lot of hit the pans and I have finished a lipstick and two eyeshadows from a palette. That's a lot :)
Thank you, Lila! I haven't checked out the new NYX Taupe blush either, but I think that after using this one so much, I'm a bit over this product either way...Delete
I need to check out your update post - but wow, good job! Two whole eyeshadows? That's amazing!
Wow, I think you've made great progress on Cherries in the Snow! I can't imagine wearing it once a week. Maybe that means I should get rid of it in my upcoming lipstick purge...ReplyDelete
Serious is actually one of my most-used shades in Nude 'Tude, because I prefer eyeshadow applied with an angled brush to real eyeliner. I've been enjoying Stubborn recently, too, and that was a shade I NEVER reached for before I started trying to pan Nude 'Tude.
Uhm, well, when I started, that usage wasn't all mine - I cut off a chunk to share with a friend who was curious about it. You know, I think it's perfectly okay to keep your Cherries in the Snow even though you don't use it very often - it's one of those shades that look amazing but you don't necessarily want to use all the time, unless it's your signature lipstick or something.Delete
I think I would use Serious much more if I wasn't trying to use up a pencil eyeliner. The Stila one has pretty microglitters in it, so it's a shame to cover that with black eyeshadow. I really like Stubborn too! I find that it has a nice satiny finish and just evens out the lid effortlessly - doesn't look very pink on the skin at all.
You are doing extremely well!! I can see those dips on the pan. Nice work!ReplyDelete
Thank you, Claire! :DDelete
I've been waiting for your update! My favorite Revlon lip butter is the only lip product I've ever finished completely. Though I've bought a replacement, it's a shame that they've been discontinued. Congrats on the progressReplyDelete
Thank you, LL, you're always so encouraging! As much as I liked the two Revlon Lip Butters I've had, I have to say that after panning them I'm a bit getting a bit burned out and I'm glad I don't own any more of them ;)Delete
Inspiring as always! I had to throw away a few makeup items because they've been with me for too long. I love the NARS eye primer, but I had to bin it even though it still works well because it's been 3 years since I opened it. I hit pan on the RMS 'un' cover up, and I love it but I had to throw it away because I think it dried up a bit and is not working as well as it should. I used up a whole tube of Dior Lip Glow (my n-th tube!) and I think I'll choose another lipstick to 'eat up'. I haven't been documenting these in a specific post, but I'm keeping track of a few products. Maybe I should do a dedicated post to track the actual progress!ReplyDelete
I saw your Instagram post showing all the empties! Yeah, my NARS eye primer is also getting older, so I wanted to make sure I used it as much as possible before chucking. This is just a fact of life - make-up does expire and go bad, and sometimes even with very consistent use it's impossible to use something up before it needs to be thrown out. Yes, Lily, please document your picks and progress - I'd love to see it! <3Delete
I hit pan on a concealer and used up a few things, but I can't even remember what they are now. I really like these progress checks and projects, by the way. They're so neurotic but also FUN. And it's really when you commit to products that you realize whether they're worth getting again or not. I really liked those Clarins lip thingies but couldn't stand the sponge tip after a while, and I've sworn never to own lip products with that sort of tip again.ReplyDelete
OH. Just remembered that I finished up a small perfume bottle. I loved it at first but was using it as a room spray by the end. I'm sort of on a mission to reduce the number of large perfume bottles and try to stick to just a handful in the future.
I finally succumbed to the hype of NYX Taupe when my local drugstore got NYX in, and I have to say I agree with you - too muddy on a pale complexion. This was after hearing it touted for years as THE contour for fair skin. Really disappointing.ReplyDelete
Berry Smoothie is a great shade, and actually the only lip product I've ever used up - it just really is gorgeous and easy.