Monday, October 17, 2016

Welcome to the World, Little Julian Edgar!

If you follow me on Instagram, you may already know that on Monday October 3rd, I had my precious baby boy, Julian Edgar. He was born strong and healthy at 5.55pm and has been nothing but a joy to his whole extended family ever since.
Less than 24 hours old in this photo; he's turning 2 weeks old today!

I'm not planning to share a detailed labor and delivery story - I just think it's quite private and maybe not all of you would appreciate the extra information - but let me just say that I was forunate to have a normal, relatively stress-free birth, although it turned out to be a bit of a slow going; I started having contractions at about 1am so about 16-17 hours altogether. I did opt to have an epidural and I absolutely do not regret it as I believe it helped me keep my strength til the very end. At 2 weeks post-partum, I'm feeling quite well though the recovery process is not without its challenges; but I'm learning to accept my limitations and to be grateful to my body for bringing us our beautiful son without complications.

We're also incredibly blessed to have a very chill baby. Our son eats voraciously and sleeps like a champ (okay, not going to lie - he pees and poops a lot too ;), and so far - knock on wood - we're adapting to life with a newborn without any major issues. That being said, things are going to be a lot slower now on the blogging and social media fronts, as I'm sure you all understand. Prior to Julian's arrival, I have scheduled lots of posts for you to enjoy before I'm back to full - or maybe just half, let's not get too ambitious - speed.

Thank you for all the congrats and well wishes, I really appreciate you sending good vibes our way. Hugs to all of you from our new family of three!

8 comments:

  1. He's lovely and I'm so glad you're all healthy and well! As we say in my family, can't ask for more if the baby is eating well and ejecting regularly. :>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many congratulations! Best wishes to parenthood and a healthy child and family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you and your hubby!! He's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful adorable Julian! Congratulations to you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  5. he's such a cutie. So glad you had a safe delivery. congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the arrival! Glad to here you and baby are doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Monika, and it's so good to hear little Julian is cooperative. Enjoy parenting and all the new discoveries along the way :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Monika. I hope you're doing well :)

    ReplyDelete