Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Project 10 Pan 2015 Intro: All Make-up & Nail Polish

I've been thinking about this Project 10 Pan Introduction post for months now, and finally the time has come to reveal my products. As you probably know, I'm still continuing my Project Make A Dent, which is a yearly challenge, but since five of the products selected for it have already been finished, I decided to go ahead and start another panning project. I hope it's not too boring and/or confusing for you; if you're not so much into that type of content, please feel free to skip it in the future; for my part, I'll be doing my best to space these posts out with reviews or what have you to keep things interesting :)
Without further ado, here are my products: it's all make-up and nail polish! Starting with the face, we have Estee Lauder Double Wear Light Stay in Place Make-up in Intensity 1 (I'm estimating there's between 1/3 and 1/4 of the tube left) and Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Combination/Oily Skin in Ivory (1/2 of the bottle left). These two give me a range of shades to work with, as well as different levels of coverage. To set my base, I've chosen the MAC Pressed Blot Powder in Medium Dark.

For the eyes, I've only added in my Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen in Copper Glow (click here for a review and swatches). The reason there aren't more eye and no cheek products included is that I want to keep this Project quite realistic; from doing my Projects Make A Dent, I know that it takes me absolutely ages to use up eyeshadow, blush or bronzer. I'm actually really counting on completely finishing my selected products and thus moving them out of my collection.
For the lips, I've opted for a variety of choices: the Elf Mineral Lipstick in Rosy Raisin (click!), a sheer nude, the Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait (lip-swatched here), a shimmery pinky peach, the Covergirl Jumbo Gloss Balm in Watermelon Twist (click!), a lightweight but bright pink, and the Buxom Full On Lip Polish in Dolly (click!), a neutral mauvey gloss to pair with all of these or wear on its own.
I've marked my progress with a sharpie on the more liquidy products for future reference.
I've also never attempted to use up an entire bottle of nail polish before, so I'm starting slow by adding in these two mini Orly Nail Lacquers in Gumdrop, a mint green, and Rage, a metallic rose gold. Both have about 2/3 of the bottle left.

I'm quite excited about this new Project, and I'm looking forward to playing with these products on a regular basis - well, I've had a head start on some of these after finishing items from my Project Make A Dent, so I know a few of these should go pretty quickly and hopefully motivate me to keep going. I haven't quite decided how often I should update you on my progress; I'm giving myself till the end of this year to complete this challenge, so let me know your preferences on the frequency of updates.

Are you doing a Project Pan this year? If so, please link your posts in the comments, I'd love to follow your progress and cheer you on!

13 comments:

  1. Huh another panning project? I'm trying my best to avoid this, though I'm coming to the point where only lipsticks and eyeshadow palettes are left =_= I try to progress until the end of september. When I fail, I'll split my project pan into categories...

    I think you've chosen your products properly. The nailpolishes and the lip gloss will be easily done, mayhaps your Revlion Lipstick. The rest can be a tough nut to crack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lila, I think you are super ambitious with your number of items :) Every project pan hits a wall at some point, usually when you've already used up easier/ more loved items, and you're just left with a bunch of stuff that's super difficult to get through.

      Well, I'll do my best with these items, and for things that are left over, they will get finished eventually, right? :)

      Delete
    2. I totally agree! I think I came to that point where other out-of-project-items are about to become empty. Maybe I need to rethink

      Delete
  2. I love those projects!!! Good Luck for project number #3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Project MAD/Pan so I'll definitely be following along with you! I did a 5 pan challenge last year and had some good success. Good on you for trying to finish polish! I haven't done that since I was a teenager and only wore 1 color on my toes year-round. It was a red creme by Maybelline and I loved it! Also, when I first read the title, I thought I read "NITRO" instead of "INTRO" and I thought, "Man, she is getting SERIOUS! She's going NITRO on these pans!" ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah, you crack me up :D Who knows, maybe I WILL go nitro on these products, lol. You know what, even when I only had three polishes in my collection, I have never actually used one up - I had some go completely solid on me, but mostly because I left them alone for too long. So I thought I'd be a fun experiment to see how quickly I can finish even a mini bottle :)

      Delete
  4. Project Pans are a non-guilty pleasure for me so I look forward to following your progress. I'm not doing any formal Project Pans this year but I do have a small basket of items that I have in regular rotation, with the intention of using up. I suppose I'm doing it in spirit - I'm also continuing working through my samples after being inspired by your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vita! Even without an official Project Pan, you're the queen of finishing stuff up - I love looking at the photos of your empties on Instagram. I usually have stuff set aside to work through as well, but for most beauty items, without a dedicated project they rarely get all used up. I can only finish mascara without effort, lol.

      Delete
  5. I've been shockingly good about finishing product the past few months but as a terrible blogger, I've failed to capture ANY of it. Worst.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Using up nail polish is HARD! Has anyone ever done it I wonder?? :-) For that reason I prefer minis.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just been sticking to powders to kill. I've used up all my Dior powders, and now I'm onto my Hourglass Diffused Light. Once the pressed powders are gone, I'll tackle the loose powders which breed itself and never dies.
    I've given up on any eye shadows or blushes though. There's no way I'd use up any of them. Pencil liners, yes, I go through them pretty easily but that's about it. I admire your tenacity in using up your products, Monika. I'll be keeping myself updated with your progress as a source of motivation :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your project posts, they are my favourite to read and I find them so inspiring! I think you've chosen well and I look forward to seeing how you fare with the mini Orly polishes - fun fact, I was wearing Rage when Mister proposed to me! Will always have fond feelings for the shade because of that.

    I'm not doing so well on my Project Use It Up - I definitely became bored with things after a while though some I'm still trucking on with. I'm enjoying the sample challenge/project you inspired in me though, having fun with that and making room in my drawers for sure.

    ReplyDelete