|Flat lay of products after 4 months of usage (May - August 2016)|
here). As you can see compared to my last update, I have again made decent progress, but I'm nowhere near finishing the whole compact. Basically, the amount of pan that you see now is the result of 10 months of very regular (probably 5 times a week) usage. I definitely feel a little sick of it after using it for so long, so it's going back in the drawer for now and I may reassess at the end of the year whether I want to keep or get rid of it.
2. The Body Shop Honey Bronzing Powder in 02 Fair. I haven't set a strict goal for this product because already at the start of the Project, I was aware of the fact that it would be impossible for me to use it all up. I was right - obviously - but I'm quite proud of my progress. However, using a bronzer daily has made me realize I'm not a huge fan of bronzing and it's not an essential part of my make-up routine, so I'm getting rid of what's left of this battered bronzer and won't be rushing out to purchase a replacement (I have two more bronzers left in my collection).
review with swatches). Full success, it's completely used up! While the Full-on lip gloss formula from Buxom is one of my absolute favorites, I won't be purchasing another bright/ more pigmented shade for a while - I just prefer sheer lipsticks or tinted balms for that more subtle pop of color.
4. OPI Nail Lacquer mini in Red Lights Ahead... Where? Even though it looks like there's still about less than a half left in the bottle, this nail polish has now gone completely thick and stringy, AND (that's the kicker, you guys) the brush doesn't reach all the way down the bottle (!!!). On my last mani, I was only able to coax out one coat from it. I enjoyed the shade, but I don't do well with wearing the same color on my nails repeatedly for a few months.
review with swatches). I was working really hard to get this lipstick all used up but I didn't quite make it; the firmer formula makes the progress pretty slow. However, I only have a little stub left now, and I'll do my best to have it finished by the end of the year.
6. Bite Beauty High Pigment Lip Pencil in Sablé. From the three lip products I included in this Project, this was the easiest one to use up. I really enjoyed this Lip Pencil but I'm glad that I resisted the temptation to get a back-up (a friend kindly offered to sent me hers that she decided to purge), because I'm now more into somewhat deeper mauve shades on the lips - more along the lines of Bite Lip Pencil in Rhubarb that was also included in the same Holiday kit.
7. Pixi Beauty Endless Silky Eye Pen in Black Noir (review with swatches). I used it all up with about a month to spare and after I've moved on to my other shades of the Pixi liners, I definitely think the Black was getting pretty dried out. I liked it, but unfortunately this always smudged when I tightlined with it, and sometimes even on the upper lashline, which is something I don't experience as much with other eyeliner colors from Pixi. I'm now using an old pot of Clinique Gel Eyeliner in Black and so far, I'm liking it much more for both my lashline and waterline.
8. NYX Micro Brow Pencil in Taupe (review with swatches). All finished at the halfway update (here). It's a good product, but I want to try the Hourglass 'Arch' Brow Sculpting Pencil, hoping it'll be quicker to fill my brows with.
review with swatches). To be honest, in the last two months of this Project I just couldn't wait to finally be done with it. This is a light to medium coverage concealer that NEVER sets - but somehow can still look cakey under the eyes at the end of the day. I'm really glad this is leaving my stash now.
10. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly. In all fairness, I did say in my Intro that I didn't think this concealer would be all used up by the end of the 4 months. I've done some more progress on it but it's still nowhere near finished. I keep going back and forth on what I should do with it now - it's pretty old at this point (over 2 years of pretty much daily use), I don't like it all that much anymore, and I have unused back-ups of concealer in my stash; but on the other hand, the shade matches me really well in the winter and uhm, it was rather expensive. I may just keep it until the end of the year and see if I can use it some more.
review with swatches). My goal was to only have 1/4 left in the tube at the end of the Project and I succeeded in doing that - I actually think there's less than that left in it now. I'd like to keep on using the remainder and have this all finished by the end of the year.
12. Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer (review). All used up, including scraping out the last little bits by unscrewing the pump. It was alright as a primer but I wouldn't repurchase it, or another face primer for that matter - at least for a while. Again, not an essential step in my routine and I have one more deluxe sample of another primer left when I occasionally feel like using it.
13. Maybelline Color Tattoo in Just Beige & (bonus) KIKO Eyeshadow Stick no.25 (progress shown on the card above). My goal was to use up half of the Color Tattoo, and I'm estimating that I roughly managed to do that. However, after about a week from my last update, I grew so frustrated with how dry it looked on my lids that I decided to replace it with the KIKO Eyeshadow Stick as my eye base. I'm glad that I did - not only did I like the KIKO so much more, but I also managed to use up more than a half of it. I'll continue reaching for the KIKO stick and I'm hoping to have it all used up within the next couple months.
Overall, I'm evaluating my succes with this Project at 10 out of 13 (counting the two eye bases as one full product used up), or 77%. That's quite alright, I think - I can't see how I could have done any better on it in terms of my committment to using these products, which was probably 99% of the time I wore make-up in the past four months. I actually have a lot more thoughts on panning make-up in general after completing this Project, but I think I'll be writing them all down in a separate post in the very near future, so stay on the lookout for that.
How are you doing on your Project Pans? Have you already switched to a different seasonal (fall) Project? Please link your update posts in the comments, I love looking at your progress!
Well done with your project pan! I love some pan.. porn and when items look used and loved, but I think I couldn't do a project pan myself. I want to rotate all my items, and if they fall from my cycle it's time to discard or gift them away. I could take it safe and choose a lipstick or a liquid liner as my project. Only on-going things I have are a Too Faced Shadow Insurance and the same NARS primer, as they're so old and I've already purchased backups. They just won't come to an end! (which should be good, right?)ReplyDelete
My inspiration. My motivation. My (somewhat) ass kicker. LOL! I'm also using up things, but I haven't been documenting them. I think in a couple of months, I'll be done with my Hourglass Diffused Light. I use up pencil liners rather quickly and I made obvious progress with my Dior bronzer. Like you, I realized I'm really not a huge bronzer person. I've been trying to use this more often but I can do without it. I'm also going through all my foundations at the moment (1 week 1 foundation) to see which one I still like to keep and which to give away. It's really pointless to keep them when they'd go bad soon. I thought it's better to decide now when I can still give them to other people :-)ReplyDelete
This post makes me even more determined I can actually finish off a few long-time stragglers in my stash. Trying to make my place less cluttered and filled with more of what Iactually enjoy (uh, space?) I'm trying to cut down on items coming in and also increase items going out.ReplyDelete
My personal goal for autumn would be to get rid of what's left of my non-used powder products and maybe try to finish a lipstick. LOL this sounds pathetic but I just haven't worn a lot of makeup lately so it's huge for me! Thanks for posting your progress and inspiriation!
Well done. You have panned and tossed a lot.ReplyDelete