Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Aussie Aussome Volume hairspray review

I bought it a couple of days ago for $4.99 CAD at Rexall and wanted to share my opinion with you :)


It's Maximum Hold, which is the third level in their "hold scale". The product simply claims to give you a lot of volume which lasts all day (BTW, I love the Aussie marketing talk on the packaging... :). It contains Australian white ginger extract reknown for its fragrance, wild cherry bark extract which has soothing properties, hops extract and panthenol. My aim for purchasing this was to use it for hair styled with a curling iron, so the word "volume" caught my attention. Last Sunday, when I finished the curling process, I just flipped my head upside-down and sprayed this all over my hair. It smells of exotic fruit to me, which is also nice. When I lifted my head and took a look in the mirror, my hair was just everywhere! That was not the look I was going for, so I smoothed the hairstyle with my hands a bit and I was good to go. I feel that the hairspray lasted all day, and I might have actually used too much, because it wasn't that easy to brush my hair afterwards. Anyhow, I quite like it, and the bonus part for me is that my hair doesn't get greasy as fast as usually, as well as the fact that it contains no CFCs which deplete the ozone layer.

Changing the subject a little, I do feel that Rexall drugstores offer better prices than Shoppers Drugmart. I went to SDM today to pick up a few things and saw TreSemme Heat Protective spray on sale for 4.99, while I bought it at Rexall for exactly the same price, just that it wasn't any kind of sale. The regular price at SDM was almost twice as high! It's a pity I don't have Rexall anywhere near me...

No comments:

Post a Comment