Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Spring beauty commitments

I feel I've been a tinsy bit lazy lately with my beauty routine, so as a means of self-discipline, here are my commitments for at least the following month:

1. Take one pill of Belissa skin, hair and nailcare treatment every day. Belissa is a multi-vitamin supplement produced by a Polish pharmaceutical company AFLOFARM. The main ingredient is horsetail, which has been used to improve skin condition for ages (well, at least in Poland). I also hope that other vitamins it contains will help strenghten my fragile blood vessels. Since Sunday, I suffer from a massive allergy attack, and blowing my nose more often results in bleeding. Very embarrassing, especially in public...

2. Drink more water. I am one of these people who could drink only one glass of whatever liquid every day and wouldn't even notice. I'm hardly ever thirsty. However, this is not a good idea if you're trying to keep your skin moisturized and toxin-free... There's not much scientific evidence that drinking water actually helps retain moisture in the skin, but I do feel my skin looks better when I drink more, and it's definitely a good practice for my kidneys.


3. Condition my hair. I'm trying to grow long, healty hair for my wedding (well, my hair won't be actually long by the time of my wedding, but I hope a smart hairdresser will be able to make an interesting updo out of it), so split ends are an absolute no no! Biosilk makes a big come-back from the bottom of the bathroom cabinet...

4. Try using Crest Whitestripes. I bought this combo of toothpaste and 4 top and bottom teeth stripes last week, and I am interested to see how it works on me. I wanted to try the regular pack, but I've heard a lot of bad things about it causing teeth hypersensitivity, so let's just start with this one.

5. Eat more leafy greens. Healthy green salad, anyone?




I shall report back in a month and tell you how far I managed to succeed :)

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your health and beauty kick! Im cheering you on from Scotland!x

    ReplyDelete