Thursday, April 30, 2009

Tag - '8 Things'

Thanks to lovely Steph and Daisy for tagging me! So here it goes, a little sneak peak into my life :)

8 Things I Look Forward To:
1) My parents coming to visit me and Mateusz in Vancouver. We're going to spend one week in the city and one week RV'ing on Vancouver Island. I just wish it would be as warm and sunny when they come as it is in Poland now - 26 degrees Celsius!
2) Hauls from Cherry Culture and Coastal Scents being delivered in parents' luggage. I don't have any new things to play with right now...
3) My name day (May 4th). I actually don't think anyone will remember, but maybe that's an opportunity to treat myself just a tiny bit? If you don't know what a name day is, it's something that used to be celebrated in Poland instead of your birthday in my parents' generation. It is more subtle, since you don't have to tell what age you're turning every year ;)
4) Today's dinner at our favorite sushi place, Ki-Isu. Did I tell you that Japanese cuisine is my favorite?
5) Going shopping some time soon. I desperately need new t-shirts/ blouses and a new cardi.
6) Weekend and spending more time with my fiance. On his workdays, he usually comes home dead tired.
7) Having a haircut... I think I have serious issues with my hair right now. I even get these dreams where I can't brush them or put them in a ponytail and I end up having hair all over my face... It's not that bad in reality, but I just wish I could have long hair again...
8) In a longer perspective, my wedding. Actually, I am both thrilled and horrified.

8 Things I Did Yesterday:
1) Got up relatively early, jumped in a bikini, went to the pool and swam uninterruptedly for 20 minutes.
2) Went grocery shopping - twice!
3) Cooked an Italian brunch: Spaghetti Carbonara and Caprese Salad, and devoured it to the last crumb.
4) Watched a super stupid movie starring Madonna entitled 'The Next Best Thing'. I like Madonna as a singer, but she's a terrible actress.
5) Got a terrible headache, took a painkiller and went for a nap. It didn't help and I was really exhausted when I finally crawled to bed.
6) Read a couple pages more of "The Art of Seduction". Going through 'The Charmer' archetype at the moment.
7) Went to a climbing gym and attempted at climbing a 5.9 route. Unfortunately, I failed at 2/3 of it... Maybe it was a diffcult 5.9, who knows?
8) Served as a human heater for my fiance at night :)

8 Things I Wish I Could Do:
1) Make myself more useful somehow. I sometimes feel my days are all filled with this big emptiness, and this is really depressing. I'm looking forward to work too, Steph! Fortunately, there's a job waiting for me when I come back to Poland this July.
2) Take control of all this wedding craziness and organize a perfect reception party!
3) Be closer to my friends. I feel like an outcast. Some of it has to do with the fact that I am away, and some of it... It's just the way I am, I guess. Usually it doesn't bother me at all, but sometimes makes me feel a bit lonely.
4) Buy only useful things. Oh, if I could have a magic insight into what is going to suit me in the long term while shopping...
5) Continue studying in Poland and live with my husband in spe in Canada at the same time. I'm not terribly excited about parting with him in a couple of months time :(
6) Prepare my own sushi.
7) Get over a mental bloc about climbing.
8) Work as a freelance MUA in addition to being a teacher and a translator. Or maybe just have some girlfriends who would like to have a makeover done by moi...

8 Shows I Watch:
It's a tough one. I haven't watched TV in 4 months now... But I used to enjoy:
1) 'What not to wear' with Trinny and Susannah
2) Polish edition of 'You Can Dance'
3) 'My Family' on BBC Prime
4) 'How to look good naked' with Gok. Love how this guy talks, but the Polish voice-over simply doesn't keep up with him.
5) 'Keeping Up Apprearances' on BBC Prime
6) 'Project Runway'
7) Make-up makeovers in different shows on 'TVN Style', a Polish channel aimed at women.
8) Occasionally, 'Desperate Housewives'.

I tag 8 lovely bloggers:
4) Jennifer at 'Mizz Worthy's Stuff'
5) Lottie at 'Pretty Geeky'
6) Hele at 'Hele Says'
7) Lazula at Lazula80
8) Anyone else who'd like to jump on the bandwagon :)

Have a great day, everyone! xxx

2 comments:

  1. Yay, I've been away for a few days so did this before I saw you'd tagged me - thank you sweetie!
    I had a period of time with whole empty days to myself and i found the best thing was to timetable it a bit. If you cut the day into chunks and do regular things (whether it's going for a walk, or reading a book or whatever) it makes you feel more productive and on top of things I found.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome :) I'll defo try your method, it's just that I actually do quite a lot during the day, but it's nothing compared to how busy I was a couple of months ago. On the other hand, I'm trying to enjoy all that free time and peace, so I have a 'mental reserve' once I come back to my normal busy routine. xxx

    ReplyDelete