Monday, August 17, 2009

Fresh voluminous hair

... which I hope to achieve with the new haircare I bought at the hair saloon last week. It'll be my first experience with a professional line, so I keep my fingers crossed that higher price means higher quality!


My hair has been diagnosed as fine and delicate, and, from my everyday experiences, getting oily superfast as well as rather flat and lifeless. The hair stylist recommended L'Oreal Professionnel Volume Expand range and I decided on their Volumising Shampoo and Volumising Cream Conditioner for fine hair. The other products in the range include a face mask, a styling mousse and a root spray which I'm also lemming.


The effects that the shampoo is supposed to give are based on a MINERAL CA technology which uses calcium crystals and silica to build a structure in the hair that helps to achieve volume. The conditioner uses a different technology called NUTRITEX and promises to condition and volumise the hair without making it feel heavy or greasy.

So far I've only tried the conditioner once and I really liked the smell, texture and how soft my hair felt after using it. Also, I noticed it was much more prone to styling. As for the volume, I really hope for a lift at the roots and I couldn't observe that after using the conditioner which is meant to be used on the mid section and ends of your hair. I keep my fingers crossed for the result and will update this post as soon as I try the shampoo and conditioner combo!

The always gorgeous Tali at The Gloss Goss chose me for the famous photo tag. The rules are to open your first photo folder, scroll down to the 10th photo, and post it with a comment. So here it goes!

It's actually me in the photo, some 17 years old or so. It's from a photoshoot I did with my best friend's boyfriend who happened to be a photographer. The strange strings in the photo are just some fluffy wool in which I was covered to make the shoot more interesting. What I like most from this shoot is that my fiance (then boyfriend) was there in the studio and the photographer snapped some shots of us together at the end and they bring back so many memories.

I tag Ondine, Loveaudrey (Happy Birthday, hun!) and Nadia from Love Lipstick and Lime.

Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely Monday evening! xxx

7 comments:

  1. Woah that photo is gorgeous!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photo of you is gorgeous! Keep us posted about the hair care products. I used their "pink range" (forgot the name, to be honest) long time ago when I had a different hair cut and highlights and really liked it. I always think that masks and conditioners are the most important hair products as they help to nourish and revitilise and shampoo is just there for washing, really as our hair is more or less dead (sounds horrible, I know... :) ) So great purchase! I hope you'll enjoy it and see a difference soon. By the way, my hair stylist always suggests that I leave conditioner and mask for a bit longer than what's recommended. For example, my conditioner is supposed to be left for 1-2 minutes and he says it's better to leave it for about 5 and, if I have time, for 10 minutes. As for the mask, I usually leave it for 20.
    I am on Kevin Murphy products at the moment as am obsessed with natural and organic stuff and adore beautiful fragrances some of them have. :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Tali: Thanks, hun!xxx

    @Natalia: I used to abandon completely any conditioning some time ago as I thought it would make my hair even more greasy, but it's untrue, just like with oily skin! As for the shampoo, I just hope it'll keep my hair fresh for a little bit longer than a drugstore shampoo. And my hair is so much more soft now, I washed and conditioned it today and have to refrain from touching it all the time. I really like the scent too, I feel like in a saloon! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the photo! Very artistic!!! I have read your blog several times now and love it! Congrats on getting married soon! I too am planning my wedding so I know how crazy this time can be! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Kajal Couture: Aww, thanks hun :) Congrats to you too, I still can't believe I'm getting married in less than 3 weeks! xxx

    ReplyDelete