Saturday, August 1, 2009

Updo hesitations

Finally I managed to cross something off my wedding preparation list! There's still some 50 to go, but I'm closer to getting there every day :)

I don't know if it ever happened to you, but I've had some serious problems booking an appointment with a hairdresser (for my wedding updo). I found the service at the saloon where my favorite hairdresser works quite impolite when I called and tried to book the appointment. I was told 'they don't know yet if she will be available', 'I might call later but, you know, she has her permanent clients', and generally 'This can be a problem'. This just reveals the reality of saloons were some customers are treated better than the others because they come more often and leave more money, and the most popular dates (like Saturday mornings, for example) are always reserved for them in advance. This really annoys me, so today I decided to cancel my trial updo appointment there and find another saloon (meanwhile, I also tried reaching 2 other hairdressers, but to no avail). I found one that had rave reviews online, and when I called them, the lady I spoke to on the phone was very nice and helpful. I hope that turns out ok!

It got me thinking about what kind of updo I'd like that would match my dress. First I thought of something more romantic with lots of messy curls, but while browsing the pictures, I actually liked another style the most... I've always been a big fan of French twist updos, and I found two styles that really caught my eye.

I really love how elegant yet a bit messy this looks. There's some volume at the crown and hair has a lovely texture. I actually think this is feasable on my not very long hair and would go nicely with the dress and delicate veil.

This is a bit more horizontal version of the classic French twist. It's still very simple, the hair seems voluminous and natural. Also perfect updo for the veil.

I'm undecided as to which one to choose... I think I like the first one a tad more, but that's probably because of the beautiful model with a long, swan-like neck. I need some advice... Which one do you prefer?

13 comments:

  1. i love both but the second one is the best! its different from what most people have x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Amy: It's true, it's certainly quite unique... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh such a hard decision, I love them both! I think the first one is beautiful & reminds me of a ballerina but the second one is kind of different.

    I think personally I would go for the first one, as a previous ballet dancer I am just attracted to it more because it looks so elegant & graceful!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Aisling: I haven't thought of that, it really is kind of ballet style! I think it might be easier to do with my hair length. Thanks for advice! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first one is very ballerina, very delicate. I love both variations of the french twist! The second seems a bit more bridal, so I suppose it depends on what kind of look you're going for? The first would definitely suit you and your hair though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Rosario: Thanks for advice, sweetie! I'll just take both photos to the hairdresser and ask her for opinion too :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I prefer the first one, it just looks really elegant. xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the second one, but I'd just ask the hairdresser do both looks and then choose one. It's a lot easier to decide when you can actually see yourseld in a mirror rather than by looking at photos.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. @hazeleyes: I think it is more elegant, but that also might be due to how the model was styled overall... xxx

    @LittleRus: Great advice, it's so true, once you see something on yourself it might look completely different! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Michelle: I'll have one of them done this week and I'll certainly let you know how it went! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd go with no.2 - I just like it as a little (dare I say) scruffy, but still an 'up do'. Gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the first one! It is very elegant, but the slight messiness (if that's a word) makes it look natural and not so tight.

    ReplyDelete