1. Wedding planning and preparations. I managed to sort out so many things this week! First off, I had a meeting with a florist and decided on the venue and car decorations and also chose my wedding bouquet. The color theme will be off-white/cream shades combined with delicate apricot and some greens. For my bouquet, we settled on off-white lisanthius, small apricot roses and freesia (mmm, the smell...). What I also love about this florist is that she makes all the flower decorations in disposable containers, so we can give them to the guests or take them home after the reception!
The bouqet will be similar to this one, but with apricot roses instead of pink. Sorry for the poor quality, but I couldn't upload a better photo.
This week I also had a dress fitting, met with a friend to hand over an invite, met with 'special effects' people to discuss fireworks (this one was a catastrophy, unfortunately) and yesterday I met with a camera man. So many things to cross off my list!
2. New pair of cute ecru heels. They're meant to be worn for my cousin's wedding next week and also as a spare pair for the wedding in case my wedding shoes prove uncomfortable. These are made of super soft leather and the heel height is perfect for such an unexperienced wearer as me!
A bit dirty after one walk on the road from my parents' house to the bus stop...
3. Challenging project at work. So far, I worked as an English teacher at my company, but our boss is thinking of expanding the company's business activities and I've been appointed to deal with all the translation projects we'll have. I'll be responsible for developing our offer, gaining and dealing with the clients and managing projects. If everything goes well, it'll also mean a pay rise :)
4. Patchouli essential oil. Will it prove to be the new tea tree oil? It has similar properties as the latter, plus the smell is much more sensual and it keeps mosquitos and other bugs away, a huge plus for this summer, as I'm constantly covered in mosquito bites.
5. Tan. I do look so much better tanned than piggy pink. I'm still trying to find a prefect product to get the effect though. In terms of bronzer, I'm loving my Coastal Scents G Bronzer/ Blush. It gives a perfect, natural glow to the cheeks.
6. Hen night. I don't have a faintest idea what my girls are up to, but I know that even my mum and my future mother-in-law are engaged (or else they're engaged in some other surprise for us, I'm not sure). I love surprises and I'm so grateful they're organizing it, because initially I thougt I'd have to take care of it myself.
1. Being tired and stressed out. Work and wedding planning are sometimes too much for me.
2. Having a great idea for a post and not being able to execute it thanks to the lack of time.
3. The guests not confirming their presence at the reception. Honestly, do people really think is doesn't make a difference? I can sort of understand some old aunties hesitating to reach for the phone, but mine and fiance's friends?!
What are your Ins and Outs this week?