Friday, November 12, 2010

Food Friday: Tricolor Roasted Veggie Pasta

It's been a while since I posted a recipe, and we all know that sometimes food has priority over make-up; especially on one of those windy, drizzly, greyish evenings when you just want to curl under a blanket with a good book, which is mostly what I do come November.

I'm pretty sure most of you have seen/eaten something similar before, but it's sometimes nice to be reminded of a classic, no?


Tricolor Roasted Veggie Pasta (for 1)

1 1/2 cup tricolor pasta (I used fusilli)
3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup broccoli florets
1/2 cup sliced carrots
1/2 bell pepper
1/2 cup diced butternut squash
1 garlic clove
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp oregano
feta cheese (as much as you want)
salt and pepper

1. Grease a ceramic baking dish with olive oil and spread the veggies evenly. You can use either fresh or frozen veg, anything you have, really. Drizzle some oil on top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, paprika, oregano and a finely chopped/ minced garlic clove. Cover the dish with aluminium foil.

2. Pop in the oven at 350F for 20-25 minutes covered with foil, then remove the cover and roast for 10-15 more minutes.

3. In the meantime, bring water in a medium sized pan to a boil and cook your pasta.

4. Drain the pasta and put it in a bowl. Take the veggies out of the oven (careful!) and put on top of the pasta. Drizzle the dish with the olive oil left over from roasting the veg. Sprinkle liberally with feta. Voila!

Very Mediterranean and summery, I loved the burst of color and the garlicky taste; oh, and did you know that garlic helps to strengthen your immune system?

What's your favorite comfort food for the cold season?

3 comments:

  1. That looks so good! Feta cheese makes it even better ;)

    http://saimese.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks yummy! Pasta is my favorite food at all times of the year, in Summer I'll have it in cold salads and in Winter I'll have it in soups (or minestrone as we call it) and in oven dishes. I have to have pasta at least once a week (and it's usually on Friday to celebrate the starting of the week-end) or I get all bad-moody :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Saimese: Everything's better with feta cheese! Or just cheese...

    @Musing on Beauty: I do love pasta as well, unfortunately my husband is not a great fan ;( I try to use the wholegrain variety though to make it a touch more healthy ;) x

    ReplyDelete