Thursday, November 18, 2010

NOTD: China Glaze 'Naughty and Nice'

Since my China Glaze Holiday 2010 Nail of the Day featuring Mrs. Claus is enjoying quite a bit of popularity, I thought I shouldn't slack and present you the other nail polish that comes in the 'Merry Mint' gift set, 'Naughty and Nice'.


It's one of those colors that appear to be a different shade in the bottle than they are in reality. At the first glance, I was sure the shade was a very dark brown color, quite like a bar of good dark chocolate. But when I sat down to apply it, this is what I saw:


Can you see this vampy burgundy color coating the neck of the bottle? (You should, it took me no less than 40 tries to capture it.) Based on this evidence, I guess 'Naughty and Nice' should be called a burgundy-based black. The polish applied evenly and I found the brush to be very precise and easy to work with. I got a random chip on the third day, but that's after scrubbing the floor of my oven (don't ask). I am loving it, I'm just not so sure whether this is such a Christmassy shade. What do you think?

On a different note, when I popped into Sally's a couple of days ago intending to snatch another bottle of holiday varnish, I spotted an Orly holiday/winter collection for 2010 including a shade called... Naughty and Nice, which is an almost black burgundy/brown. Sounds familiar? Can someone explain how it is possible for two different brands to release the exact same shade with the exact same name? Oh the convoluted ways of nail polish manufacturers...

8 comments:

  1. I wonder if they consider this an alternative holiday shade?! The dark side of the holidays (whatever that means)?! It looks really nice on you! Dark and neat..i think these dark shades are becoming acceptable even in the office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, that's an interesting idea! I was thinking maybe this is just a winter shade rather than one for the holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that color..That burgundy/dark/chocolate/dark...etc etc, VEry cool and elegant too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sharina: I like it a lot as well! Plus the application wasn't too difficult :)

    @Fleur-de-Lis: I sometimes think those dark colors look a bit too gothic for me, but I like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stumbled on your blog. I think this color could be super Christmasy if you applied the Party hardy over it. I did Party hardy over a Black and it looks super cute and festive :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a great idea, I think it'd look super pretty with almost any glitter on top! Thanks for stopping by :) x

    ReplyDelete