Friday, November 5, 2010

NOTD feat. China Glaze 'Mrs. Claus'

November might be a tad too early for this manicure, but it's too beautiful not to share... Plus it may give you some ideas for festive nails, and such important things should be planned in advance, shouldn't they?


I don't think I had ever featured Barry M 'Raspberry' on the blog before, which is a shame, because it's such an amazing polish - definitely one of my favorites. It's not a coincidence that it was given to me by one of my favorite bloggers, Loveaudrey, and that for this NOTD I've decided to pair it with a gift from another favorite bloggette, Suka&Spice (do I need to tell you to go check them out like NOW if you haven't already?). The moment I laid my eyes on China Glaze 'Mrs. Claus', I was in glitter heaven. I couldn't stop twirling the bottle in my fingers, admiring the beautiful sparkles and trying to figure out how the heck China Glaze made this so awesome. Just look:

(click on the photo to enlarge)

The above combo was achieved by layering two coats of 'Raspberry', two coats of 'Mrs. Claus' and a coat of Seche Vite to secure it all in place. After a very close inspection, I decided 'Mrs. Claus' must be silver glitter suspended in a red gel base, which lends the sparkles a pinkish appearance. I haven't tried it on its own yet, but I reckon you'd need a good couple of coats to achieve a more 'opaque' look. I can't wait to layer it over some more nudish shades.

'Mrs. Claus' is a part of China Glaze Holiday 2010 collection 'Tis the Season to be Naughty and Nice' and is available both separately as well as in gift sets; I was given the 'Merry Mint' set which also comes with another holiday polish, 'Naughty and Nice', and a Peppermint Cuticle Oil. Expect more reviews/ NOTDs to follow.

Do you like glittery nails for the festive season? What is your idea of the perfect holiday manicure? xxx

14 comments:

  1. Awwwww you're one of my favourite bloggers too!! Fabulous nails, might have to hunt down Mrs. Claus!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, sweetheart! Mrs. Claus is simply addictive :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh we are both rocking the holiday nails atm!! Mrs. Claus is just gorgeous- this is definitley on my list! Your nails look devine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so beautiful.... thanks for sharing:)))))

    Love
    minnja

    http://minnja.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're soooo pretty! I love your display pic!

    this color looks good on you by the way :)

    followed you already

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Sarah: I will be looking into Bring on the Bling! Glitters rock :) xxx

    @minnja: Glad you enjoyed it!

    @makeup hauls...: Blue-based reds tend to look much better on my skin. Thank you, hun! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this description..I was wondering why the overall look came off as pink--I think then, that Mrs Claus is a nice name for it :) it looks great over the raspberry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it might have something to do with the blue tones in the Barry M polish and the fact that the glitter itself is silver. I like it though! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh i think im finally going to have to try glitter nails! illamasqua had a glittery red just like this I was eyeing up on Saturday, your manicure is just so pretty! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. To be absolutely honest, it's my first glitter mani - I just wasn't tempted before. But now... I think I need more! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE red nails. Winter, Spring, Summer, or Fall, I wear red nails all the time...I think it is the sexiest color! I love that glitter...especially for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know many men like red nails the most, it's a classic! Mrs. Claus will be gracing my nails this Christmas, I'm sure! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooh I love the red sparkly!!! It is so perfect for the holidays! I am going to try this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad you like it! I have to try it on its own as well... I've had it on for 5 days now and I'm still loving it :) x

    ReplyDelete