Friday, January 14, 2011

I've been meaning to tell you...

... that I've had my hair cut. SHORT. Like this:

Eyes: Wet'n'Wild eyeshadow trio in 'Walking on Eggshells'
Cheeks: Wet'n'Wild Ultimate Minerals blush/bronzer in 'Amber Glow'
Lips: e.l.f. Mineral Lipstick in 'Rosy Raisin'

I know it may come as a bit of a surprise to some of you, but I'd been thinking about a chop for a long time and finally went for it a weekend before Christmas. The reasons were manifold, the main one being that the condition of my hair worsened a lot and it demanded too much upkeep. The most important thing however is that I like my new Keira Knightley-inspired haircut and I think my friends and family like it too, even though Mr may call me his teenage boy from time to time. I'll do a separate post on styling short hair if you're interested, it's super quick and easy but versatile.

Have you ever gone for a more drastic cut?

15 comments:

  1. Wyglądasz super- dla mnie nawet bardziej kobieco, zupełnie nie jak nastoletni chłopiec:D gratuluje decyzji- zawsze kiedy zetnie sie włosy towarzyszy temu uczucie lekkości i... szybkiej wysychalności:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Short hair looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Brunette's Heart Makeup: Dzięki wielkie, mnie też się wydaje, że w sumie krótkie włosy dobrze kontrastują z moimi kobiecymi rysami. No i to szybkie wysychanie!

    @Engjulli: Thank you so much!

    @Lydia: Thanks a bunch, hun :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I follow your blog for a while now and I really love it :).

    You look great with short hair, very chic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww you look beautiful! You have amazing bone structure and this really compliments your face.
    I used to have short hair for a really long time I must say, but I've been growing it for 3 years now and do enjoy having it longer as it hadn't happened since I was about 14 I guess?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look amazing and very chic with short hair. Just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! You look absolutely amazing!!!! Honestly, you look so unbelievably elegant and stunning - I'm in complete awe!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look hot! really, beautiful! I was thinking about something similar but I am trying to have a long hair here... Although this is very tempting. Last time I had short hair when I was 17. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. @MyaBeauty: Hi hun, I'm glad you like the blog... and the haircut :) x

    @Musing on Beauty: I go through phases, sometimes I like my hair really long and then when I achieve that I chop it all off :)

    @Liene: Thanks so much!

    @The Beauty Bite: Aww, I'm at a loss for words :) Thank you, sweetie.

    @Marina: My hairdresser was also really tempted when she saw the photos, especially that she's pregnant and would love short hair after giving birth! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! You look so beautiful, seriously stunning! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a beautiful hair cut - you look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL! Now I'm jealous - I hate seeing girls with short hair when I miss my hair like that, but am too stubborn to cut it again because it's taken 2 years to grow! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You go girl! I have chopped my hair off and am pulling it off just fine. Although now that it is growing back it is difficult to handle. Hmph. Well whatever, you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dopiero niedawno trafiłam tutaj i nie wszystko zdążyłam przeczytać wstecz- ale muszę przyznać, że czyta się Ciebie z ogromną przyjemnością, także od strony językowej. Co do fryzury- wygladasz świetnie. Najwyraźniej nastoletni chłopcy mają w sobie mnóstwo uroku ;)

    ReplyDelete