Tuesday, January 25, 2011

NOTD: Wet'n'Wild 'Jezebel'

I was looking for something a bit less wintery for my nails, and 'Jezebel' from the Wild Shine range looked like it would tick all the right boxes. A beautiful raspberry with soft copper shimmer, what's there not to love, right?


Well, I didn't love this one. It applied quite streaky and with a bit of drag at the cuticle, but it's still a two-coater, so for the price, I could live with that. Unfortunately, it also chipped at the tip of my middle and index fingers within 12 hours of application, even with Seche Vite on top. Lastly, the color just falls a bit flat for me: the shimmers are virtually invisible once on the nail, and compared to Barry M 'Raspberry', it's just not bold enough.

*EDIT*: Within 24 hours, half of my index finger nail chipped off, closely followed by other nails. I even got chips on my pinky, and that never happens! Very disappointed on the longevity front.


A shade comparison for you. First, a classic fire engine red (Sinful Colors 'Hot & Sour'), then we have 'Jezebel', and finally Barry M 'Raspberry'.

So far, I only have a couple of Wet'n'Wild polishes, and while I love some of the colors on offer, after this one, I'm beginning to worry about the quality. Which Wet'n'Wild nail polish range do you find the best? What's gracing your nails at the moment?

2 comments: