Monday, February 6, 2012

Rocaille Swatches: Seven NYX Powder Blushes

Seven!!! I've managed to accumulate seven shades of NYX Powder Blushes already! One for every day of the week, huh? Anyway, I feel that you deserve a little warning: this is a mammoth post heavy with photos, including mug shots, that even I was reluctant to go through, so proceed with caution.

It probably comes as a no surprise that I like NYX Powder Blushes a whole lot and have been steadily collecting new shades whenever I felt like I needed (wanted?) an inexpensive but good quality blush fix. Some of the greatest advantages of these blushes is that the shade range is just exquisite for a drugstore brand, most shades are extremely pigmented, and they last all day on my skin.

Here are the arm swatches in all their glory:

Now, let's proceed to the cheek swatches, shall we?

NYX Powder Blush in Spice


NYX Powder Blush in Pinky


NYX Powder Blush in Angel


NYX Powder Blush in Peach


NYX Powder Blush in Mauve


NYX Powder Blush in Raisin


NYX Powder Blush in Taupe (as contour, Laura Mercier Nectarine on the cheek)


If you were to really press me for favorites, I'd say that they change seasonally and daily, for example, I loved Mauve for early fall, always reach for Pinky at the beginning of spring, don't hesitate and go for Raisin whenever I need a neutral blush and happily slap on Peach when I feel like my skin is a little dull. If some of the pans look much more loved than the others, it's just because I've had some of the shades like Angel for nearly 3 years now. That doesn't help much, does it? What are your favorite NYX blush shades?

28 comments:

  1. Gosh, if I start getting those because they're cheap and pretty, who know where this is going to end? I'm currently at 34 blushes (after purge) and I must not go this way!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, my blush collection is getting a bit ridiculous too! But I love almost all of them :)

      Delete
  2. OH those all look great! And you have gorgeous skin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like them all on you. ALL OF THEM. These are great face shots, Monika - you look amazing, as always :) I also think it shows how blushes can look similar on the cheek, but have a different tone that paves the way for different eye/lip color combos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all look gorgeous on you! Taupe looks like a perfect contour shade. I will have to remember to look for that the next time I cross the border.
    It's hard to find NYX blushes here (in my city at least) for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe how all these shades work so well with your skin tone... I'd be hard pressed to choose a favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was such a helpful entry! It's wonderful to see all the pans and swatches in one place, as well as when worn. You look so gorgeous (and different) in each shot. I'll have to keep Pinky and Mauve in mind now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've chosen some beautiful shades! I need to pay closer attention to NYX- it is easy to forget about a great brand when it is not so accessable to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been meaning to try NYX blushes but somehow, I've only tried their eyeshadows. Mauve just might be the starter shade for me. Or Spice... or both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spice is sometimes even a bit too pigmented, Mauve is just right though!

      Delete
  9. I love NYX blushes - they are nice and subtle; I'm not keen on overpowering blush. I have Peach, Natural, Taupe and Angel and they're all gorgeous. I had Terra Cotta and Pinched as well, but they were too spangly for me so I gave them away. Their cream blushes are lovely as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're so pretty and they all look singularly amazing on you!! One for each day of the week, yes. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love NYX Taupe! It's the only blush I ever use, nothing else I tried before that worked as well for my pale skin (as a contour color). The shades you own all look amazing on you, or maybe that's just because you look amazing to begin with :) My favorites out of the bunch (besides Taupe) are probably Pinky and Peach.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The more I see swatches of NYX the more I like them! The Mauve and Raisin are my favourite. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do you use both Raisin and Taupe to contour? How do you think they compare? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use mostly Taupe to contour, although I think you could say Raisin is like a 'contouring blush' - somewhat similar to NARS Douceur or Tarte Exposed. I wouldn't use it as a contour color paired with another blush but if I were using it on its own, I could do some contouring with it :) I hope that helps!

      Delete
  14. Best nyx blush review on here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE this post so much, I'm definitely going to pick up Mauve next time I stop by Ulta!

    wouldn't mind if you checked out my blog too ;)
    stelluush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't got any NYX blushes because they aren't as readily available here in the UK. I'm thinking of getting Taupe for contouring though, as I have very very pale skin :)

    http://cheshirecatchats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. dear!!
    thanks so much for the post and the swatches!
    Are all of the above blushes you mentioned matte?
    Thanks soo much for reply!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of them are more satin than matte - not very shimmery on the skin but not completely flat either :) Hope that helps!

      Delete
  18. how long do they last? I have a lot of blushes but I am not sure if I should buy one of these because I am scared they will expire before I use them up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember the expiration period from opening off the top of my head but I've had some of mine for about three years now and they're still going strong!

      Delete
  19. blush looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi from France ! These blushes have been recently released in France and that's why I'm here Thank you for this really helpful review ! I was looking for a peachy-apricot blush and I couldn't try these blushes and see their real color ! I know now that Mauve will totally fit me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cyrielle! I'm glad you found the post helpful :) Mauve is probably my favorite along with Angel - it has that warm dusty apricot quality to it, and goes well with almost everything.

      Delete