Thursday, February 23, 2012

Review & Swatches: Physicians Formula Gel Eyeliner Trio in Hazel Eyes

... or should I call it Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Gel CreamLiner Enhance & Define Hazel Eyes, as it says on the packaging? Does it seem a teensy bit redundant and schizophrenic (Gel CreamLiner?!) to anyone else, or am I just whiny because of the weather?

In other words, the following shall be a short and savory review under the guise of a photo puzzle. The clue and le clou of the review: I returned this. Can you guess why?

How'bout now? Further prompt: I'm OCD.

Well done to those of you who correctly guessed my anal personality COULD. NOT. TAKE a lid that wouldn't align properly with the jar. Oh, I hear some of you say, why should it even matter; firstly, clearly there's nothing we can talk about if you ask that, secondly, because it just made the gel liner dry out to the point of being unusable. I didn't really like the shade of that one anyway (umm... poo?), but I'm not going to waste my time on a crappily designed product, even if it looks like purple LEGO. The other two liners were still not as creamy as I would have liked, so back to the store it went.

I still thought I'd swatch them for you, just because I'm a really nice person and someone might find this useful, if a little counterproductive (not sure if this statement isn't in fact contradictory. I like adjectives, btw).

Have you ever tried these Physicians Formula gel eyeliners? What is your favorite brand of eyeliner?

11 comments:

  1. Hahaha colour of poo hahaha you crack me up!
    I saw right away that one of the lids was wonky. I'd hate that too.
    I've given up on gel liners for the most part, but if I do use one it's from MAC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What can I say, it's a pretty crappy shade for an eyeliner... or anything, for that matter. Does the MAC dry out fast or can you hoard if forever like I tend to do?

      Delete
  2. The colors are a bit boring too - for a hazel eyes set, they could have done a plum, a burgundy, and a sage green or something - but brown and black?! how does that enhance hazel eyes? Most people already own those colors...a very blah product. However, I DO like the Physicians Formula black liquid pen eyeliner. That's the only PF product I tried I liked though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard a lot of good things about that one too, but I'm always hesitant to shell out the full price. Thanks for the recommendation!

      Delete
    2. Let's just say I haven't bought a new one in about 2 years? :) But like I said, I don't use it all that much, so I guess I'm not a good judge really.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful shades <3 They look so tempting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ack I love these liners but now that you've got the brown liner looking like poo in my mind.. gotta think twice about wearing that one now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, Ashley! But literally, that was the first thing that came to my mind when I swatched that shade...

      Delete
  5. I am with you on the lid alignment OCD. I recently got the Nars Sheer Glow foundation and the lid didn't align. But I learned from Pixiwoo that the lid is removable so the problem can be fixed. In any case I just don't understand the reasoning behind square jars.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought I commented earlier but I think it didn't go though..gah! Anyhoo, that lid alignment thing drives me crazy too! I think I have issues with square packaging in general as the lids never seem to align for me. The same happened recently with Nars Sheer Glow, but with that you can actually take the square part off and reinsert it on the knobby lid. At that point, why bother with that type of packaging?

    ReplyDelete