Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Tiny drugstore haul

As you can see from my previous post, I'm a very freckled person. This just got worse with our last snowboarding trip to Whistler; the weather was amazing for riding, but with all that sunshine reflecting from the snow my face slightly burned by the end of the day and it was hot pink. It turned brownish now, but I guess I started to worry about what my face will look like in 10 or 20 years from now. I have a very fair complexion with some redness and I decided I defo need a good moisturizer with SPF in it.

Since I'm such a conscious consumer, I logged on to Makeup Alley and started researching different moisturizing products. In fact, I only took into account oil-free, 'lightweight' products, because my skin is indeed very oily and I hate the feeling of an oily residue sitting on top of your face, as I have with my La Roche-Posay Effaclar H. So, I browsed hundreds of products... and couldn't find any that would be 1) moisturizing, 2) oil-free, 3) with SPF. Yes, that's no joke!

Then I came across Marcelle's Essentials Protection + SPF 15 Oil-free Multi-defense Lotion (jeez, what a name!). This is what it claims:
"A light yet effective barrier to protect and moisturize skin on a daily basis.
Our ultra-light fluid leaves your skin feeling soft without any oily residue. It has an FPS 15 sunscreen to prevent damage caused by UVA and UVB rays and helps prevent the appearance of hyperpigmentation stains and wrinkles.
Formulated to moisturize and stimulate cellular regeneration, it contains vitamins A and E, renowned antioxidants to fight the effects of free radicals.
Hypo-allergenic and perfume free.
Ideal for combination to oily skin."


Well, this sounds perfect, maybe just the SPF protection could be a little higher... But you can't have everything. So I jogged to our local Shoppers Drugmart and bought it along with much desired GOSH Velvet Touch Lipstick in Darling, which is supposed to be a perfect nude color (and it was on sale!). The swatch on their website is definitely one of the worst I have ever seen.



I can't say much about these yet apart from the fact that I really like the packaging of both Marcelle's lotion (it has a hygenic pump that you can lock for travel) and GOSH lipstick (elegant, black case with a solid lid so that it won't open in your purse). I'll keep you updated on how I am liking these :) What are your latest treats?

No comments:

Post a Comment