Monday, April 2, 2012

Lipstick Bandits: Universally Nude

Just to make things clear, this is not a post in which Lipstick Bandits undress together to pose for a charity calendar or something: it is about a universally nude lipstick, of course!

We'd been racking our brains for the longest time on this one - how do we find a lipstick that is beautifully wearable across our very different skintones and also readily available around the world? There have been many suggestions, but finally Tracy came up with our perfect lippie, which is nude to boot!


Ladies and gents, I present you MAC Viva Glam V. I'm not entirely sure what it is about this lipstick, but I walked past Viva Glam V every time I visited the counter, even though it's one of the most popular shades and I support MAC's AIDS cause with all my heart. So when I came home with this after our final decision, I wasn't too impressed to be honest. I mean, just look - it's... brown. With sparkles.


And then, it just looks so right on! As you can see in the lip swatches below, MAC Viva Glam V definitely leans more pink on my pinky lips; worn sheer as in the top swatch, it lets a lot of my natural lip color show through, worn opaque it covers all my lip imperfections, and worn with a nude pink gloss on top (Stila Guava) it shimmers with gold and glides over the lip. I've been wearing this bottom combo for the past week, and it's a great work appropriate lip look!

Compared to other nudes in my collection, it's most similar to Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick in Caramel Kiss, but a bit lighter. It's still a close enough dupe if you're looking for a less expensive alternative.

In the daylight full face shot, you can also see that Viva Glam V is definitely not a dark shade - it looks very subtle, but never washes me out, as most nudes tend to do. I have a lot of Lustres in my MAC lipstick collection, and this formulation doesn't disappoint in Viva Glam V either - the golden shimmer is very fine and provides just a bit of extra shine and dimension to the color.

To see how MAC Viva Glam V looks on other Lipstick Bandits, make sure to check out the links below!

Which lipstick do you find universally flattering? What is your favorite nude lip product?

16 comments:

  1. This looks great! It looks really soft and natural - very fresh(? if that makes sense).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going around the lipstick bandits and it looks great on everyone! I really like how pink it looks on you though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a mistery, it looks brown when you see it, but then it's such a pretty pink on most of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Monika, you crack me up. A charity calendar? LOL.

    I think a lot of us had the same reaction when we swatched it for the first time, lol. I usually avoid dusty pinks like this! But I do like it. And you're right - that combo is perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soo... if I had to pick, I'd say you wear it best, Monika! Beautiful on your pigmented lips. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it weird that I want to pinch your cheeks? Coz I totally do!

    Viva Glam V looks gorg on you and I especially love the combo with the gloss. Makes it extra pretty <3.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, it looks amazing on you! I think we chose the perfect shade! Your face looks so bright and fresh, positively radiant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think we chose just the right shade, more proof in your FOTD shot---it's gorgeous on you! You look so fresh and radiant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks so pretty Monika on you! I love how it's a bit peachier on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would never have guessed how nice it turns out just from the picture of the lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I died laughing when I read your intro. That would surely draw *ahem* attention to us, now wouldn't it?!

    I'm going to have to try it with a peach gloss, it seems to completely transform the color!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  12. I literally laughed aloud when I read your opening paragraph. Let's not even go there >.< I love how this one pulls pink on you. Its very flattering indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stupid magical lipstick and your flawlessness! Now I'm really considering buying a tube of MAC VGV but I don't even wear lipstick consistently!
    Stop making everything look so pretty on you T___T

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks beautiful on you! I like how it's less frosty on your lips than it is on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not a nude lipstick fan but I have actually found one to love, Revlon lip butter in pink truffle. Of course I layer it on so it's not nude but it's a beautiful pinky brown shade

    https://matchamilady.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete