Friday, October 31, 2014

'Stay sane inside insanity...' Rocky Horror Picture Show Collaboration

'I said hey listen to me. Stay sane inside insanity, but he locked the door and threw away the key.' - Columbia, Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975)

Happy Halloween, my dears!!! I hope you're having fun gallivanting around in your fantastic costumes (who did you go as? Please share in the comments!) while me and husband are stuffing ourselves with take-out sushi and watching a movie on Netflix - yes, you guessed correctly, we're not that into dress-up parties. But I do love theatrical Halloween make-up, and my blogging pal Liz from So Lonely In Gorgeous suggested we transform ourselves into characters from the cult movie Rocky Horror Picture Show for the occasion. Here's the result of my efforts:
Something a bit different after all these boring neutral FOTDs I've been posting, huh? :) I also thought it would be fun to take a few shots of the process - it did take me an inordinate amount of time to complete my look as it was my first time attempting to erase my eyebrows. Well, lots of swearing, fallen brow hairs and half a glue stick later, I think the result is quite decent for my first try.
While I was changing myself into Columbia, I reflected that it's generally a very convincing look for fair-skinned redheads, and I know there's a fair number of you reading this blog; so maybe a costume idea for next year's Halloween party? I decided to skip a full product breakdown for you, but I will say that Graftobian Hi-Def foundation in Buff made my life a whole lot easier for this look. I've also used La Femme blush in Mocha for the cheeks and MAC's Cockney lipstick (interestingly enough, my wedding lipstick shade).

Please check out Liz's take on Magenta - I, for one, can't wait to see her transformation.

Don't Dream It, Be It!

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for doing this with me Monika! Your totally a perfect fit for Columbia :) Yes, it is awesome that we chose the same tag line ;D

    Looking forward to future posts together. Hopefully Jane (and Jane, I know you're going to read this) will join us next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! And Liz also fits perfectly as Magenta. The extend of my Halloween for the past two years has been a pair of cat ears and face-painted cat nose & few whiskers so I look the part when going trick-or-treating with my son. But, I remember dressing up as one of the "Transylvanian" (or so what I was trying to do anyway) back in college, along with the girls from my dorm going to Rocky Horror Picture Show. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love your look Monika! Really adventurous but so well executed! I hope the brows are intact! :-) I think Cockney is gorgeous on you might have to check that out later! :-)

    TheConscienceFund

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! What a transformation, Monika. You got skillz :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg!!! Wow Monika! You did an incredible job doing this!
    I am seriously laughing that it's the same lipstick as your wedding lipstick! Haha!!!

    That graphic eyeliner minus the brows is totally wearable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is ACTUALLY amazing. I came to Rocky Horror very late in life -- saw it for the first time this year! It was at a shadow cast screening too so there were things thrown around and some spectacular drag makeup. My guy friend played the professor and he had a corset on underneath his suit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! You really got the talent. Love the look! What a transformation indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks amazing, well done! I have so much trouble blocking out brows like that, such a tricky task!

    Love hearing about wedding day lipsticks!

    ReplyDelete