Friday, May 27, 2011

FOTD: Summer Sunset

Warm oranges and corals are very much in right now, so I thought I'd share my going out make-up from a couple weeks ago. Most of the time, I tend to mix warm and cool shades on the eyes to introduce a bit of a contrast. Orange and purple are a divine combination which reminds me a lot of a beautiful summer sunset, hence the title of this post!

I even managed to color coordinate my nail polish, which is by Essence by the way. I also used my favorite matte coral lipstick, Wet'n'Wild Hot Paris Pink that I wrote about earlier, and La Femme blush in Pink Velvet. I was struggling with a lot of dry bits, so I just stuck to my regular mineral foundation.

On the eyes, I used MAC All That Glitters all over the lid, Inglot purple shade no. 439 in the outer corner and slightly into the crease, Inglot matte orange/red no. 366 to blend the purple inwards and NYX Ultramania Pearl pigment in Oro right above my pupil. Oro and that Inglot glowing purple are simply to die for!

You can see the warmth of the coppery shades making my dark brown eyes appear more hazel.

In other news, excuse my less frequent posting these days; I'm mostly busy studying, translating, and trying to settle everything at my faculty. Thank you for all your lovely wishes! My skin is taking the toll a bit at the minute, but I'll be posting more looks soon, together with some Polish cosmetics hauls and maybe outfits of the day. Does that sound good?

8 comments:

  1. Hauls are good! Looks are good... this look is good - very fresh and flattering! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruthy, I'm glad you like it! I like hauls too, haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a sexy tropical look, I like!:D

    Cosmetic hauls?! Looking forward to seeing those.;D

    Have a great weekend, Rocaille!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh it looks wonderful! I love the lipstick :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this makeup, I really wanna try out coral colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love how you've combined these colors. they look great on your eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! it's sexy yet fresh!

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete