Monday, May 4, 2009

Beautiful make-up packaging and name day update

Good afternoon, my lovelies!

Recently, I have developped a little obsession for all things looking girly, glamourous and unique (or just simply cute). It probably has something to do with the fact that I haven't gone shopping in ages and I crave something new and beautiful to look at. Mind you, I really can't say I am anywhere near to a magpie; I'm pretty sensitive to kitsch and glitter, and girls wearing too many shimmery accessories everyday are one of my pet peeves. On the other hand, I feel kinda plain and too conservative sometimes for a 20-something year old... I need some sparkle, I guess :)

I wanted to share with you some of the pictures of beautiful make-up packaging that I find inspiring. I would generally divide these into two groups: in the first set, we have 'glamourous', in the second, 'vintage'. Sooo cute!



I don't think these are too practical and yes, probably more than 50% of what you're paying for is the packaging, not the product itself. On the practical (and affordable) side, I would say I really like the packaging of GOSH products; if you have ever got your mits on the famous 'Darling' lipstick, you know what I am talking about. Also, I always loved Bourjois designs; less classic and elegant than GOSH, more modern and funky.


What is your favorite make-up packaging ever? Do you prefer vintage or glamourous?

On a different note, today's my name day (Monika) and I expect some treats coming :) My fiance promised to come back earlier from work today and we're heading to Zara, one of my favorite stores. Also, I would like to give a big shout out to Steph from Steph Stuph for being so lovely to me and including me in her 'Share the Love' post: you really made my day, honey! Also, thanks to all my followers and other people for your sweet comments, I really do appreciate them and they always make me smile inside and outside. 

Have an amazing afternoon/evening/morning (depending on your time zone) everyone!

5 comments:

  1. I can't decide, sometimes I feel like I need to have something glamorous in my purse but i have a weakness for vintage anything :) xxNadia

    ReplyDelete
  2. No probs hun, happy to have shared my love. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you and your fiancee had fun celebrating your name day (and shopping!).
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops, I spelled fiance wrong! Also meant to say - I adore the vintage packaging, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Ondine: Thank you, hun :) It was actually pretty disappointing for the most part, but... Well, I will blog about it today, it's a long story. Of course I didn't get what I wanted to :) xxx

    ReplyDelete